Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to retrieve my radio code. No nothing else

Customer Question
Hi trying to retrieve...

Hi trying to retrieve my radio code

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Acura. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No nothing else

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Acura
1/14/2018
Mechanic for Acura: john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

what year is your car and can i get the VIN #

I have a 2003 acura tl s type trying to retrieve code for radio

i will need 2 things from you the VIN # and

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
  2. Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
  3. Turn OFF the device.
  4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
  5. The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
  6. And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
  7. Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits

any luck getting me that info so i can access your radio code?