Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm test driving a 2007 acura rl and the vsa system light…

Hey I'm test driving...

Hey I'm test driving a 2007 acura rl and the vsa system light keeps coming on, even after I stop and restart the engine. Is this a red flag?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The alert light where the check engine light will be

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Acura?

RL SH-AWD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i haven't. I'm test driving a car from a dealership. I've turned the engine off, restarted it, and started driving again. Everytime I do this it keeps coming back on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

1/12/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Now what that means , the traction system picking a fault ,and is not resetting , it could be several issues and retrieving faults is necessary here so we are not guessing

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

No I'm not going to take it to a mechanic. Upon driving the car I found further issues that were worrisome to me and I've decided not to purchase the car. Thanks a lot for your valuable input

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat