Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My key is stuck and car is dead but the car is in on motion.

Customer Question
My key is stuck...

My key is stuck and car is dead but the car is in on motion. what do I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I can turn the wheel but the key fob is dead

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2009 Acura Tl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jumping it and that's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Acura
1/8/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

you need to change the key fob first , is the 12 volt battery has 12 volt and holding ,

has it been extremely cold and car sitting outside

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

The fob is stuck and I can't free it

it is stuck cause battery is weak , what you have on the 12 volt battery did you check

recharge that battery key fob should release

The car battery is dead and so is the key. I want release it but I think the car is On bc i can move the wheel

what you mean car is on .like running ?

Take Negatively battery cable off then ,it should shut off ,in case ignition switch is stuck on

can you open the hood and check battery , recharge or replace at this time ,forget about the key for now

Just the ignition switch is on the car is not running

can you open the hood and check battery , replace or recharge at this time

how to safely replace the battery if it's on?

how to replace the key fob or car battery ?

Car battery

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE PDF FILE SHOWING THE STEPS AND PICTURES NEEDED TO REMOVE BATTERY

REPLACE THAT BATTERY FIRST AND SEE IF THE FOB WILL COME OUT THEN AND IF IT DOES ALSO CHECK IT BATTERY AND REPLACE IF NEVER HAVE

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Chad Farhat

disconnection BATTERY CABLES PROCEDURE ON CABLES

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Thank You

Chad Farhat