Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Acura 2007 MDX: in normal driving conditions - no trouble…

Customer Question
Acura 2007 MDX: in...

Acura 2007 MDX: in normal driving conditions - no trouble light on - what symptoms should I hear from the engine if I have VTEC sytem problems?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Dashboard incicator for system anomally...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Acura?

Mdx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I hear valve rattling noise for 5 minutes at first start in the morning and plan to adjust valve clearances, bur want to know if may be caused by VTEC parts failure, Yes, I want to do and fix any anomally.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This car started to rattle after 106, 000 miles. unusual?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Acura
1/3/2018
Mechanic for Acura: Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

When you have VTEC issues there can be many different symptoms. Some of those include valve noises like a rattle. It can also affect performance meaning it will be low. You can also have backfiring if it is really bad. Sometimes it can be hard to start.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician