Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 MDX with 160,000 Kim’s all of a sudden is giving…

Customer Question
My 2012 MDX with...

My 2012 MDX with 160,000 Kim’s all of a sudden is giving warnings for vehicle emissions , trailer braking control and VSA control . Vehicle is over maintained and driven daily . All factory service is up to date including timing belt and plugs . Was working great . Any suggestions. Thank-you

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

The service schedule calls for timing belt change at 160,000 Kim’s so that is why it was done 3 months ago. It has never been done before and the vehicle was working fine even when it went in for service.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Acura?

MDX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

These code warnings are too ambiguous , across the board . Hard to pinpoint one thing to look at . As well , an MDX owners internet site suggests this multi warning issue is quite common but the fixes have been hit and miss at best and the issue reaccurs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is about it . Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Acura
1/1/2018
Mechanic for Acura: acramstr, ASE Master Tech replied 7 months ago
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. All these lights are on because the check engine light is on. Start by finding out what the check engine light code is first . If you have navigation press info then messages and then acuralink messages and it should tell you a code that starts with a letter followed by 4 numbers post this back and I can telly why the lights are on. If there isn't any info or you don't have navigation ,Any auto parts store will usually check the codes for you . Post the code back to me and I can tell you more about your situation. If the engine light is not blinking and the car runs ok it is ok to drive a short distance to get the codes checked.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with t he service you seek.