Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Acura RL with the Adaptive Front Lighting

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Acura RL with the Adaptive Front Lighting System warning light on. Can I replace the control unit myself or does it have to be done by the dealer?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

AFS warning light, both on dash and on information display screen

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Acura?

Rl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, but looking for instructions. Haven't tried anything yet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Acura
12/29/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, do you know the location of the module? Lets start there. thanks

no

Ok, please allow me a little time to repull information and send to you for an answer/.I will return as quick as I can, a few minutes +/- Thanks

Ok, here is the difference. If you are going to change it with a new one? then No you do not need shop or dealer, If a used one? then you DO need a shop or dealer to reprogram. I have attached 2 files. One showing location of the module and the other is how to program the module yourself. Both files are in .pdf format./ The module is under dash to right of column, May be easier to get new module then you can see what you are looking for. I can not remember each and every one and location, not being there and this is the only factory information picture that they offer Here are the file links

Please Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer does not compensate me for my time

and resources . Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and

subscription questions still require a service rating
Thank you so much!

are there any instructions on how to access this module? Can it be accessed from under the dash or does the dash need to come apart? Also how would I know if the problem is the control unit or the steering angle sensor?
Can you provide any troubleshooting instructions.

I am going to opt out. Troubleshooting is a whole other thing and complex and di not ask for that information. I am going to opt out and open the post to the other experts , One should be along soon to help, Please save the rating for the expert that can help, Thanks

Mechanic for Acura: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

hello new expert here, so we need to have the car scanned to see what codes are in the system to properly diagnose the problem