Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just replaced the power steering pump on my 2005 mdx and…

Customer Question
Just replaced the power...

Just replaced the power steering pump on my 2005 mdx and filled reservoir. The steering wheel will barely budge now.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

That's why I replaced it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Acura?

Mdx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself. I flushed out all the old fluid, pulled the old pump off the car engine, put the new one on with new orings, put the belt back on, filled reservoir to top fill line

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Acura
12/27/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, what method did you use to bleed the system of air?