Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

All malfunction lights stay lit after starting- 2015 MDX.

Customer Question
All malfunction lights stay...

All malfunction lights stay lit after starting- 2015 MDX. What to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No code reader or tool.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Acura Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model of your '15 Acura?

AWD with Tech and Advance package

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only tried restarting after minute or so delays

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Acura
12/18/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Pete, Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool that will plug into your vehicles data port that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.If all lights have come on this may be a low voltage issue due to a weak battery or alternator at fault.It may also be a faulty ignition switch not sending the proper signals.But the codes will need to be checked and diagnosed as there are several other causes for this code as well.

Most shops or a dealer can read out the codes as well as diagnose and repair them for a fee.A local parts store can read out codes usually free of charge and can give you an idea of what is at fault needing replaced but won't be able to fully diagnose the issue.The parts store can also test the battery and alternator in your vehicle at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician