Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

Yesterday, I placed the car in park, turned off the

Customer Question
Good morning, Yesterday, I...

Good morning, Yesterday, I placed the car in park, turned off the ignition, left the key in the ignition until I checked my phone. In about 15 seconds, the doors automatically locked and the alarm began to sound. I tried to unlock the doors with the ignition key and the door locks unsuccessfully. It continued to alarm. When it finally stopped, and I attempted to remove the key and unlock the doors, the alarm started again. Someone eventually came to my rescue and doesn't remember what he did to correct the problem - he just kept pushing buttons.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park - don't think it has a wheel lock feature - it is a 2012 MDX SUV

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Acura?

It's a 2012 MDX SUV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I am a woman who knows less than nothing about repairs and troubleshooting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No than ks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Acura
12/11/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Edward, Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Did the problem occur any since then? and this is the only time this has ever happened was once yesterday correct? thank you.

It has not occurred again

Hello, sorry for the delay, I was not able to respond yesterday. If it only did it once, I think it's possible the remote may have been triggered accidentally. I have seen the remotes send a signal before even when they were not pressed. So, if it does it again, I would try to use the other remote and see if it made any difference at all. The alarm triggers, are stored in the anti theft module. So if it starts happening again, and a different remote doesn't make any difference, then I would first suggest having the anti theft module scanned to read off the alarm triggers, and once you know precisely what is triggering the alarm you can then begin pinpointing the cause, things like a hood switch or door latch switch are common but reading off the alarm triggers is best before assuming anything. Let us know if you have any further questions please. Thank you and best wishes!

Edward
Edward
Edward, Service Technician