Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car will not start. I had a steering icon pop up on the…

Customer Question
The car will not...

The car will not start. I had a steering icon pop up on the dash board

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

No noise the car will not start Battery seems to be fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2014 fdx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Rdx

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car is running fine I think some warning system is trying to tell me somer something

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Acura
12/10/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

The steering wheel icon indicates an error code in the electronic steering assist system. You need a scan tool to check for codes in the steering and all other systems. Make sure that the battery cables are clean and tight and that the battery is not causing the problem. You need a volt meter to check the voltage on the battery. You could try disconnecting the battery and performed a capacitance discharge. That is basically disconnecting both of the battery cables and holding them together for a few minutes. That should reset the system. Check all of your fuses as well. If all of this checks out you may have a faulty starter. To verify you need to jump the starter solenoid. If the engine cranks you know the starter is ok. You may have a security system issue. You would need a scan tool to verify that.

Now that I have provided a full or partial answer a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal.

This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question answered!