Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a car at an auction a 2004 acura TL and i put in a…

Customer Question
Hi i bought a...

Hi i bought a car at an auction a 2004 acura TL and i put in a new battery yesterday and now it is dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

You mean the new one or the old one? the old one yes, i took to autonation and it was bad i bought a voltmeter on amazon and it will be here today.. The battery was new and from walmart.. its installed terminals are tight

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing really other than making sure the clamps are on tight.. i guess i could check some of the main fuses.. its weird that it is totally dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Acura
12/8/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So while you wait for your voltmeter the battery need to be charged to full capacity and then when you get the meter a draw test needs to be performed, here is a video that explains how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRcj1fQcWwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRcj1fQcWwU

OK so i found the problem. A loose wire in the fuse box.. So now we have power... But the radio and navigation do not have power. I checked and changed the #5 fuse under the steering wheel that said radio. But still nothing. Any ideas?

with key on check power on both ends of fuse 5,7,and 32 in drivers fuse location

hows it coming?

Mechanic for Acura: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!