Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

At idle the engine is steady. When I drive it the car

Customer Question
At idle the engine...

At idle the engine is steady. When I drive it the car surges. I can see it on the Tach. When I am accelerating or holding speed the tach goes up a couple of hundred RPMs and then back down and you can feel it in the car speed. This is with the gas pedal held steady.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starting is fine, no problem. I am not sure about the gas mileage. Seems like it eats a little more gas but I may be imagining it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2014 RDX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Replaced the air filter. Replaced the spark plugs. Oh yeah, I drive a ton of miles. 2014 with 130K miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No check engine light.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Mechanic for Acura: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 4 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Hello my name is***** you tell me if this gets worse as the engine warms up or does it remain the same?
Remains the same.
Bobby, are you out there?
I don't seem to be getting any response from anyone. What is going on? If you can see this can you please reply!
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician