Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Power steering noise. 2006 Accura TL. Changing power

Customer Question
Power steering noise Mechanic's...

Power steering noise

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 Accura TL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Changing power steering plug

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Acura
12/4/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So when you say you changed a plug what does that mean, and what fluid are you using in the system?

thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician