Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I Just purchased a pre owned Acura TL 2012 SH AWD,

Customer Question
Hi there, i Just...

Hi there, i Just purchased a pre owned Acura TL 2012 SH AWD, unfortunately the radio and nav system are asking me a code of it, and unfortunately it is not in the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

No manual inside :( the car was bought from a car dealer as it is, no instruction or anything :)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think I ve obtained the serial code for it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am located in Bulgaria, this is South-Eastern Europe, how can I order parts for my car ?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Acura
11/29/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately, the code has to be obtained from a dealer.We are no longer allowed to post the radio codes here due to security reasons.The dealer may or may not charge a fee for this code.Another option to obtain the code can be in the link below.

https://radio-navicode.acura.com/

In order to get any factory parts for your vehicle, you may have to contact the nearest dealer where you are located or contact one in an area you are not located to see if they can ship parts to you.You can also check for salvage yards.Also depending on what parts you are looking for you may be able to get some from local parts stores.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete