Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Acura TL Battery Drain Fuses 15 And 18 Unnplugged HCL…

Customer Question
2007 Acura TL Battery...

2007 Acura TL Battery Drain Fuses 15 And 18 Unnplugged HCL Now Difference

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery Charged And Good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I Am An Auto Technission

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Unplugged Every Fuse In Interior Fuse Box No Change Just Fuse 15 And 18

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Acura
11/28/2017
Mechanic for Acura: justinsbg, Acura Mechanic replied 7 months ago
justinsbg
justinsbg, Acura Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please tell me the amount of draw that there is? Thanks!

Using Test Light
Did You Get My Answer
3.42
Mechanic for Acura: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the battery dies while the vehicle is at rest yet the battery load tests good then there is a component drawing current when it should not be. Any component which receives a direct battery feed can cause a draw. The problem could literally be dozens of things and it will require some testing to determine the cause. It could be a light coming on or staying on (such as the glovebox light), a module staying awake, an aftermarket radio or amplifier, and the alternator can fail and cause a draw.

What needs to be done is an ignition off draw test. An ammeter will need to be set up between a disconnected battery cable and it's post. If the draw exceeds 40mA then there is cause for concern. At that point fuses in both boxes would either be removed one at a time or voltage drop across fuses checked to see what circuit current is flowing on, and then components on that circuit can be concentrated on. If no fuse in either box will drop the draw then the alternator needs to be disconnected.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.