Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

05 acura blower motor want turn of. 252000 autmatic. Tl.

Customer Question
05 acura blower motor...

05 acura blower motor want turn of

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

252000 autmatic

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Acura?

Tl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Switch you can unplug reister or blower moter and will stop blowing yes my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What can I do

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was anything done on the vehicle that may have caused this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

I went on a sunday night man said car went dead would not crank he got out to check mail ..jumped it off drove it 10 miles to town with jumper hooked up jumper showed 11.6 voltes.fan motor was not running after changing alt blower motor runs all the time switch off ok.i have tried rester blower motor and left side switch right now raido and all control switches are in pluged and still runs

Are you saying you have already replaced the blower and resistor and the issue is still occuring?

Did you also replace the heater and ac control assembly on the dash?

just the one on the left have not change the one on the right

O.k.,this is a difficult question for me to diagnose from here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Mechanic for Acura: Amedee, Automotive Consultant replied 4 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Automotive Consultant
Phone call session started
Mechanic for Acura: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the blower motor is staying on when turned off then the problem is either a failure in the control head itself, a failure in the power transistor, or a wiring issue in between. It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

Do you have the part number of what you replaced that you're referring to as a resistor?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician