Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am trying to play music from my iPhone in my 2006 Mdx.

Customer Question
Hello, I am trying...

Hello, I am trying to play music from my iPhone in my 2006 Mdx. There is a Aux jack in the back, and I bought I 3.5 mm aux cord and fed it under the seats and mats thinking this would be a solution. I can faintly hear the music playing, but not really a decent volume. what am i doing wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Acura?

It a 2006 Acura MDX with touring and Nav

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am trying myself. I bought a aux cord. I read on a blog that this should work. I no longer have the manual, but i think i need to do something with the 'rear' speakers either on the front panel or in the back?!?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Acura
11/28/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Make sure the volume is up on the iphone as well as the radio controls.If the sound is still faint there is a good chance there is an issue with the adapter cable you are using as I have seen some cause poor audio quality and had to replace it.If this was already checked or replaced let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

The volume is up on the iPhone and the aux cord is brand new and works on other devices.

Does the volume sound o.k. with headphones plugged into the jack on the phone itself?

When headphones are plugged into the phone itself, there is sound. It’s not the phone and it’s not the aux cord.

There were some issues with the music link interface control unit that were causing issues with iPod volume issues and the interface control unit had to be replaced.This is the only thing I see on this model for this fault.

The other issue can be with the radio itself with an internal electrical fault.

Unfortunately you will have to have this tested further to locate which is the cause here then it can be repaired from there.If you do not have the actual iPod connector in your model to plug in the iPod then it won't be the interface module.The fault will be in the radio itself not sending out the volume properly when plugged into the aux jack.The radio will need to be repaired or replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete