Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When getting to 4 gear (sometimes even before) the car

Customer Question
Hello when getting to...

Hello when getting to 4 gear (sometimes even before) the car starts to feel like im slamming on my breaks and the vsa light stays on once driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

No I haven't...I was told it could be my transmission but I haven't had the break checked

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2005 TL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

No Im going to a shop...I had it check for the transmission but was told my transmission is fine...the next day started having the same issues again but the VSA light has appeared now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all the issues

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Acura
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/25/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you have the ability to scan it to see which codes are stored?

but not yet

Can you reply once done?

I can...going tomorrow (today) to auto zone

That will be perfect.

Mechanic for Acura: Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris