Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have the rear door open and teh latch is stuck shut. so…

Customer Question
I have the rear...

I have the rear door open and teh latch is stuck shut. so the door won;t sut..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

I thikn 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is my son;s girls freidns.. I havwe the rear panel off..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have the loacjk and actuator out but not disconnected teh lock mechanizm is stuck oin lock positio

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Acura
11/24/2017
Mechanic for Acura: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Place the tip of a Phillips screwdriver in the hole formed in the latch when it closed, pull towards the inside of the door as you operate the inside release handle. Be sure the child lock on the open end of the door is off.

let me know if that works for you by completing the rating

Thanks