Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ignition seems locked as when I depress brake and press

Customer Question
Ignition seems locked as...

Ignition seems locked as when I depress brake and press ignition button car won't turn over. I just finished cleaning dashboard did I touch something that turned off or locked ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

No steering wheel is tight and is there a place to put key in as alternative to start it rather than push button start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2014 MDX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just tried to push button start a few times. One time a clicking sound came on and didn't start. It seems that the ignition is locked. How do I unlock it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/23/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Merc320, Technician replied 8 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

Is the vehicle an auto if so is it in park or neutral as it will only start in these.

Please keep me informed.