Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I keep getting the code error e on my radio.. How can I get…

Customer Question
I keep getting the code...
I keep getting the code error e on my radio.. How can I get it off?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Acura
11/21/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

If you enter the wrong code too many time the radio will lock you out. You will need to try to first make sure you got the correct code from dealer and then disconnect the battery for ten minutes and then reconnect battery and enter code correctly and if you still have an issue then the dealer will need to access computer and radio and take it out of lock out for you.

No I don't have the code

The only way to get the code is to take the car with the owner proof to the dealer and they can get you the correct code if the radio is factory one.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.