Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have TPMS System error all tires show dashse. I have also…

Customer Question
I have TPMS System...

I have TPMS System error all tires show dashse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

Yes, i have also had all sensors checked, one replaced. after replacing that one it was ok for about a minute,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2010 acura tsx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TSX yourself? What have you tried so far?

4cvl I would like to. i think it is the TPMS receiver

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont thin so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Acura
11/20/2017
Mechanic for Acura: acramstr, ASE Master Tech replied 8 months ago
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. We don't see many receiver failures in these, But we see the sensors fail all the time. Has the shop tried using the factory software to clear and relearn all the sensors?

Was the sensor you replaced a factory Acura sensor?

Any recent body repair done?

Do you have anything plugged into the power ports? We sometimes see phone charger and radar adaptors interrupt the system.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

No recent bodywork. the sensor was not an OEM. failure was happening prior when they told me all sensors were all reading good. I have tried unplugging any chargers. 2010's should clear themselves. I assume they used software to clear it but i cannot confirm. the first initial issue was CHECK TPMS SYSTEM and where pressures should show up __ while it shows system error above it. I had this when all sensors were good. It started out intermittent. When it started to come on steady, i brought it to the tire shop and they found right passenger to have low battery. I had it replaced. I started the car and it said system ok. I drove a little and it came back like before. Is the receiver under the dash? Can it be replaced without programming besides what the tire shop can do? I can get them to do it, probably for free. I know them, they are neighbors.

the receiver is located under the dash on the driver side behind the panel under the steering wheel. Yes the sensors will need to be relearned after replacing the receiver. The part number is ***** it cost about $300 Here is a link to a photo of the location. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hksyqqoaucw1dmr/tpms.JPG?dl=0