Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

It’s a 2010 MDX with about 80K miles. Under acceleration, it

Hi. It’s a 2010 MDX...
Hi. It’s a 2010 MDX with about 80K miles. Under acceleration, it knocks or chugs. It doesn’t seem to go any slower, but I haven’t diagnosed the sound. Has done this since we purchased 18 months ago. Not running premium fuel.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Same starting, and I don’t think there has been a change in the mileage.
JA: What is the model of your '10 Acura?
Customer: MDX
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've not really tried anything yet. I can do some repairs, but limited expertise. When I thought it was the transmission, I checked the fluid, which was quite low. Added transmission fluid, and thought problem was solved. I can’t say the noise really went away when I added the fluid.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s it.
11/20/2017
david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

are you getting a check engine light?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No check engine light. Just the gurgling or chugging noise under hard acceleration. It does it less when I put the car into sport mode, this generally keeps the RPM higher than it would be in drive.

ok, standby please

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Looks like they issued a service bulletin for pinging. I tried to paste a paragraph here. It wouldn’t let me, but this is the site.
http://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/acura-engine-knocking-noise/
That’s it.

There are no TSB's for your vehicle on this. That is for the TSX model not yours

Here is the TSB that you need to have complied with concerning your issue

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thanks David. Do you think that TSX problem could be going on as well?

its a possibility, but its not a known issue on the MDX

I would definitely be more concerned about having the first TSB done.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Great, thank you. Should this be covered by Acura if I bring to a dealership?

no, its not a recall. Its a bulletin at the owners expense

david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

thank you very much. happy holidays

david craig
david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic