Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lights come on when I get in car but wont start. Dash lights…

Customer Question
Lights come on when...

Lights come on when I get in car but wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Dash lights and interior lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2009 TL awd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Charged battery that wasn't dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't push in on brake nor get it out of park

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Acura
11/18/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you have a weak battery, I would pull it and take it up to the local auto parts store and have them load test it

It was the key fob battery

that wouldnt cause it to not start, so your saying you replaced the fob battery and now it starts fine?

well im glad its fixed