Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

2007 Acura RDX AWD Turbo has the Check Emission System and

SH-AWD issue info warning lights...
2007 Acura RDX AWD Turbo has the Check Emission System and SH-AWD issue info warning lights appear starting 2 days ago.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: On the information panel with driving gauges/odometer
JA: Are you fixing your RSX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I've not tried. Trying to determine if this is a problem I can fix.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Do you also have the check engine light on?

Have you checked the gas cap?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
tightened the cap and put high octane fuel in...went away briefly but returned today and has not stopped.

Are you experiencing any engin eperformance or driving issues too or just the malfunction lights are on?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No issues in performance, as of now. I've read EGR valve, the O2 sensor, the relay...but no real consensus. Trying to see if I can avoid taking to Acura. Have a dependable, local mechanic but thought I'd see if it was something I could easily fix.

The check engine light codes will need to be scanned to pinpoint but since there is no driving or engine performance issues that tells me the problem is with a non drivability sensor like an oxygen sensor, egr clogged or evap system fault. It can be repaired by an independent mechaniv, taking it to a dealership is not necessary.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok, that's what I'll do. Thanks for the assistance.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh