Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 acura mdx. bluetooth handsfreelink.trying to setup

2009 acura mdx. bluetooth...

2009 acura mdx. bluetooth handsfreelink.trying to setup cellphone; no responce from car unit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to setup as per owners manual.press and release the talk button, no beep

11/17/2017
MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician

Hello welcome to Just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you.

are the audio controls on the steering wheel working ?

when your commanding the system do you get any feedback ?

System has worked fine for years,then lost my recognition signal for my cellphone on the handsfreelinc screen. Tried to pair my phone with HFL it can't find my phone signal. Was getting commands from HFL now nothing --- dead! poss. fused or switches?

thank you for the update.

the issue you have is a failed HFL control unit. these are extremely common failures.

the unit will need to be replaced to regain full HFL commands

MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician