Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Getting condensation in front left headlight that caused the…

Customer Question
Getting condensation in front...

Getting condensation in front left headlight that caused the turn signal bulb to blow. Can it be resealed or does the entire assembly need to be replaced? 2007 Acura RL

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes, bought and replaced bulb which blew a 2nd time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Acura?

RL w/tech package

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Didn't take to dealer yet but I saw moisture in the headlight about 6 mos ago and got concerned

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Acura
11/16/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Pete, Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing to check is to see if there are any cracks or damage to the head light assembly itself.If any issues are seen you would need to either replace the head light assembly or use something like clear silicone to seal up the crack or damage.

If no damage is seen then usually it has to be replaced.In some cases you can carefully pry away the lense from the housing and reseal it with clear silicone to correct this but I would say probably at least 50% of the time this has been done the lense can crack when trying to separate it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete