Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced fuel pump car will not start. No have not I think…

Customer Question
Replaced fuel pump car...

Replaced fuel pump car will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

No have not I think it’s the original

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2002 TL-s 3.2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am and haven’t thought about what else to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car has been running but every once in a while it would not start just turn over let it set for a little while then would start again

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Acura
11/15/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you checked power and ground at the pump? Is there a check engine light on or security light?

No the check engine light is not on and it’s getting power

can you hear the pump turn on? have you checked fuel pressure?

you can hear it click on and off and fuel pressure is good

what about the security light is it on?

No it’s not

ok then next step is to check injector pulse and spark

Ok now that I don’t know how to do

spark is pretty easy just pull the coil and use a inline spark checker, you want to see atelast 1 inch of good spark and the injectors you will need a noid light, you may be able to get that at the local auto parts store for the tool loan program