Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Anti theft syastem is not letting me turn on the car, 2007…

Anti theft syastem is...

Anti theft syastem is not letting me turn on the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2007 acura tsx already tried disconnecting and reconnecting battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yeah the battery is new, so is starter. All the accessory lights come on etc., but initially the car alarm kept going off every time trying to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TSX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its my boyfriends car and he's stranded right now with the car so im trying to find a fix to relay to him

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so!

11/14/2017
david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

okay thank you!

perform alarm reset procedure. Put key in door, unlock, lock and unlock, get in car and start it.

it didnt work!

ok, standby

try this then. turn the key forward to just before start(don't start) then back to off position and push your reset alarm button (small black button to the lower left of steering wheel) push in once and release then push and hold in for 10 seconds. Now try to start. If it starts let run a few seconds then turn off and make sure it starts up if it does not start hold the button in and turn keys to start and try and start should work if the fist time didn't. If it does not work you may have a electrical issue or bad ground. Under hood take out horn fuse to keep quiet you will hear and see light inside showing alarms still being triggered.

Did that work?

do you still need assistance? If not it would be nice to let me know. Thank you.

Hey! Sorry for not keeping you updated. Nothing has worked, he had to get car towed home. I guess he’ll just have to get a mechanic to look at it in person?

sure looks that way, the transponder probably dumped the key code

Alrighty thank you for all your help, David, I really appreciate it.

sorry I wasnt able to help more, If I was there it would have been fixed the next day, but its kind of hard to work on a car via the internet when i need to be hands on. please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving a 3 stars or more rating for me will greatly appreciated. thank you have a great day

david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

thank you so much. please keep me posted on the outcome.

It was a faulty starter, new one was put in and car is working fine now!

ok, thank you for the update. working over the internet sometimes is difficult to get the full scope of things.