Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

03 Acura TL. Radio code does not work after we replaced the

Customer Question
03 Acura TL. Radio...
03 Acura TL. Radio code does not work after we replaced the battery.
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Yes. We have the radio code and it has worked in the past
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We tried fixing it ourselves and then took it to our local service guys. They could not get it to work either.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Acura
11/9/2017
Mechanic for Acura: john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

cna i get the cars vin # and the radio serial #

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
  2. Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don’t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
  3. Turn OFF the device.
  4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
  5. The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
  6. And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
  7. Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have the vehicle with me right now but vin# ***** ***** and radio serial # is 30053684. I can try what you recommend above later today.

We found more than one unlock code associated with your device. You may need to try more than one to identify the correct one.

Your Codes

32354 or
42631

any luck?

Your Codes

32354 or
42631

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trying new code shortly. Will be in touch if it does not work. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I have tried both codes and no luck. I keep getting the Err message. I have not tried pulling the fuse yet. Where is that at?
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto