Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

Took my 2007 to to shop they changed my power steering pump

and now they say I...
Took my 2007 to to shop they changed my power steering pump and now they say I need to fix my rack and pinion ! When took it in the power steering worked but now it doesn’t ! Rack and pinion needs to fixed it never knocked or made noise!
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: 3 mos ! Yes I did hear a whining noise!
JA: What is the model of your '07 Acura?
Customer: Tl
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No took to shop! They changed the pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
10/17/2017
david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. If your power steering worked before you took it to the shop then why did you take it to a shop?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was leaking !
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The car made a whining sound when the weather was cool!

are you sure the pump was leaking or was it a line or the rack ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They changed the pump and then said that rack and pinion was broken! And that it needed to be changed . I said no . When they put car back after the pump change now the power steering doesn’t work a it is very hard to turn the wheel ! It was not like that before.

ok, they either didn't bleed the system correctly or they don't know what they are doing. pen the power steering reservoir with the engine running and turn the wheels a few times and let me know if the fluid is foamy

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I have the rack fixed are they being honest with me. Or am I being a fool.

I would get a second opinion. there could be air in the system or they replaced the pump and messed something up in the process.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay ! Will get second opinion!

ok

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic

thank you

david craig
david craig
david craig, Acura Mechanic