Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

I have the code p0471 for a 2006 Acura tl can you tell me

Hello I have the code...
Hello I have the code p0471 for a 2006 Acura tl can you tell me what I could do to fix it?
10/16/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey man how are you

send me vin#

are you sure it is P0471 not P0741 ? that P0471 not valid

what is the car doing ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just sended you a pic of the code I got
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The VIN number is 19UUA66296A008306
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's P0741
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry

ok cool , so it is 741 not p0471 , you typed (Hello I have the code p0471 for a 2006 Acura tl can you tell me what I could do to fix it?) no worries

that is Torque converter clutch solenoid most common here but testing is needed because we have other possibility ,follow troubleshoot to be accurate ,click on link to view troubleshoot steps for it.

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if I wanted to replace the torque converter clutch solenoid where can I buy it and how much does it cost ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've been searching where to buy it but I don't find anything

you tried EBAY , usually dealer item

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nevermine that's the wrong one

click on link to view pdf file for removal procedure

you can test it

click on link to see

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thank I have another question when I took it with a mechanic he got a code p0700 but when I scan it with the one I have I get p0741 why is that?

The p0700 is set in the ECM as a fault in the trans ,the P0741 is the specific code & the one we need to fix is p0741 , p0700 is just telling you that ecm have picked a fault in trans and the actua;l fault is the P0741 :)

hope that helps

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey I'm trying to remove the selenoid but I don't have space I believe I have to move radiator hoses how do I do that do I have to drain the coolant?

be best if you do, go under the radiator and turn the drain plug and get a bucket under it ,save the coolant , unclamp hose & take off completely or at least radiator side and pull back ,use a bonje cord or something to hold hose away from area needed to work in ,this way you do not have coolant mess and might get into trans or solenoid plug in

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thanks bacuse I heard something about air getting in and that it would be an issue thats why i wasn't sire if I could just remove it like that

welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked the selenoid with the multimeter for ohms and I got 16 which means it does work because it within the range i just end up cleaning it because it was dirty from the oil transmission that had spilled like a month ago because of leaking hose.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What would be my next time then ?

next will be a faulty torque converter clutch mechanism, torque converter clutch hydraulic circuit, or lock-up control valve, or replace the transmission

these are the possibilities here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Even if I feel my car is good like i drive it normal or could still be anything of those ? When I drive it the car works really good
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat