Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After period time car was at body shop of course battery got…

Hi after long period time...
Hi after long period time car was at body shop of course battery got week after job finished when I picked the car navigation screen keep saying run engine 10 minutes in open area I followed that instructions after that screen said disconnect battery wait 30 minutes I did that also again sign said wait 10 minutes keep engine running ten minutes yet no reception same sign keep coming on over over again. I also check if you press menu navigation and cancel button all three same time it brings you screen witch you can check different things I did all that but at the end same results no navigation.
10/16/2017
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here your Nav. system is unable to pick up your vehicles location.This is why you see these messages.Most likely the GPS antennae was damaged or antennae circuit needing replaced as this was a common fault.

The GPS antennae and antennae circuit needs checked/tested to see if this is the wiring at fault or the antennae itself needing replaced.Depending on the model and what was repaired at the body shop it may have been damaged in the collision or may have been damaged when the repairs were done.This does need to be checked over to locate which is the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I also let you know I purchased antenna from ebay two different one I put both on still didn't respond, you said antenna module is part of the antenna or separate than I look in to that also, I had strong feelings that was the reason, your answer was okay and make sense I need it second opinion other than my own thanks

Unfortunately the web site will not allow me to place the call.They will let you know on this but we can continue here.

Can you tell me the year, make and model of your vehicle?

2004 Acura 3.5rl

Was it the gps antennae you replaced already?

the one on the back of th roof off the car

Was it just the antennae assembly or the complete wire assembly leading from the antennae to the navigation unit?

Jus the antenna, it did came with wires also but I didn't think any damaged on wires, the car wasn't in Colision went in just paint job , but I noticed that what ever
Reason black part sticks out was broken, that's how I found out problem with antenna, do you think I should replace the wirin harness?

O.k.,you need to do a resistance test from the antennae wire connection at the antennae to the navigation end of the wiring cable harness to see if the antennae harness is shorted or open.If it is found to be shorted or open then the cable/harness needs replaced.If it is found to be o.k. then the navigation unit itself needs replaced to correct this here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Thanks for help it was very helpful I will give you rate no problem. One more think navigation unit we talking is the one in the trunk which we put cd in there right!!

Your welcome

Yes that is the unit.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Thanks for everything

Your welcome

Thanks Pete