Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

Left front speed sensor circuit malfunction error code

Left front speed sensor...

Left front speed sensor circuit malfunction error code P1740

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?

No - just got error message on sons car using hum. He is at college. IS this a bad thing?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2003 Acura CL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't done anything - car is 200 miles away. my husband may be able to fix it.

10/16/2017
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

its likley a bad wheel speed sensor..its completely safe to drive..until the problem is repaired the abs system will be disabled but the regular brakes will functions as they should...just no anti lock feature in a panic stop or ice condition

Thank you. Is this a car mechanic job or can an individual who works as a machine mechanic figure it out?

oh if you have basic tools and mechanical skills you can change it its about a 20 minute job

i would inspect the harness to the speed sensor first for damage or breaks

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

john -aka eauto
Thanks for your guidance!
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto