Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

I reinstalled a new blower motor, wiring pigtail, and blower…

Customer Question
I reinstalled a new blower...
I reinstalled a new blower motor, wiring pigtail, and blower motor resistor, yet I cannot get the blower motor working. I've tested the motor, all wiring connections, and the transistor for power and they all come back fine. When I turn the ignition on, I get a jump from the blower motor, but it will not operate after that. Can you please help me
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Acura
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/9/2017
Mechanic for Acura: acramstr, ASE Master Tech replied 4 months ago
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. I have replaced many of these . Check for ground at the blower motor . The transistor controls the ground . The blower motor should have battery voltage with the key on. Ill assume this is the case. 99% of the time when the blower motor just jumps once it is a bad blower transistor, Try applying a ground to the blower motor and see if it runs . If it does take a good look at the wires in the brown connector behind the glove box where you replaced the pig tail to make sure no other wires have broken when you removed the pig tail wire and make sure the wire you removed from the transistor connector is secure. If they all are good and the compressor and radiator fans are inop as well try a different blower transistor the replacement could be bad.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

acramstr
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech