Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Honda Accord EX with 155,000 miles. Today I…

Customer Question
I have a 2008 Honda...
I have a 2008 Honda Accord EX with 155,000 miles. Today I got home from work at 4am. Was sleeping because I work nights. I was parked in front of garage and my roommate at 10am started my car so he could go shopping. He backed out and car died. He restarted and car died again
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Acura
10/5/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon,

What you describe sounds like it might be a dead fuel pump. When you first turn the key to the run position (not the crank position) you should hear a faint buzz from the fuel tank area for about 3 seconds. Check to see if you can hear the buzz.

Any phone call pop-ups you may see are automated. Not generated by me.

Yeah this was just a one time thing. I started car at 4pm and it runs fine

How odd. Maybe just an intermittent issue in that case.

How long has it been since the spark plugs were changed?

Just had plugs changed a few weeks ago also had the valves adjusted and new valve cover gasket

There isn't much that will make it stall one minute and go away the next. I think you may just have to drive it a little and see if any other symptoms develop. If it does act up again see if you can hear the fuel pump buzz. If not then that might be the issue. Sometimes fuel pumps will not work at one temperature and work again once it warms up, but usually that only happens when it goes from cold to warm.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

If not:

* Please take time to rate my response- as an expert I don't work directly for Just Answer- any resources I provide to you are furnished at my own personal expense. I only receive compensation based on positive ratings from you. Therefore, I cannot offer my time, insights, advice, diagrams, etc, without that positive rating. If you are unable to positively rate my response please let me know. After rating I will still be available for follow-up questions at no additional charge.