Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 honda odyssey battery not charging what else to check…

Customer Question
2009 honda odysseybattery not charging...
2009 honda odysseybattery not charging what else to check before replacing the alternatorvan as only 58k, any fueses to check ... ??/
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Acura
9/30/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you this evening.

Does the car/battery die when it is running? If the battery is not charging that means the alternator is either not charging or not receiving a signal to turn it on

it is dieing
my question what else could be wrong other than bad alternator

Okay good to know.

The alternator is turned on when it receives a signal from the engine computer that the vehicle is running and in need of a charge. If the alternator is still good then other options could be a bad computer or faulty wiring, but the majority of the time when this issue arises it is the alternator at fault