Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Navigation screen stays black but is lit. Its a black screen…

Customer Question
Navigation screen stays black...

Navigation screen stays black but is lit

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Its a black screen with a lit bottom

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2005 rl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Gas tank is only using half of capacity

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Acura
9/27/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician

Hi I am Chris, this concern is not my specialty but I am willing to try if help is still needed.

still needed

Does the radio and CD player still work?

every thing works except the navigation

Would you be able to remove the unit to check the power and ground wires to it?

It has power at night it seems lit a little bit

I believe this is going to be a concern within the screen control units ability to illuminate the LCD screen. Since it comes on somewhat at night that means it is getting power and ground and signal but not working from the unit itself bad.