Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

First I must say it has been a Wonderful car to drive. Our…

First I must say...

First I must say it has been a Wonderful car to drive. Our problems are annoying but not mechanical in nature . Ours is a 2009 Acura MDX and since we have owned it , WE have paid 4 times to have the drivers seat repaired where it stretches over the airbag. Is this common ?? And the back up camera is only good in the dark or gray days . And, yes we know there is a button to push to help the camera-Not much help........It has been a work horse otherwise. Any ideas ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

Came with the vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have always serviced it at Holtz/now Garber Acura in Rochester NY

9/25/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hi how are you
I worked on them and owned one for serial years ,good SUV ,
The Airbad repair is great but I think you might try getting a whole used steering wheel , unless u talking passenger side , then repair will be best , Being in the sun or extremes heat will make them do that quicker , try parking u dear cover if possible if you leave it outside a lot , get a windshield visor protection .
The camera most likely need replaced ,by time the screen fades and needs rebuild , now unless it was a glitch , try reseting all the modules , put make sure you have radio code in the manual before you do below procedure
Next on the camera will be to have it hooked up to a factory scaner or equivelant and see if any fault exist in the entertainment module , but most lekyls needs rebuild, online now days you can send your in for rebuild
Master Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .You are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
It is not the airbag in steering wheel - it's in the seat. Its not parked outside so your answer isn't helpful yet......
the camera has been that way for the entire time. We have taken it back and not much has changed
Will try the reset though -sounds like a good idea !!
sometimes it will wake it it back up
Keep me update ,
Good luck with it
Please Don't Forget To Rate Before You Exit :)
Thank you
Chad
have you ever seen the problem in the seat before?
Solutions ?

yes i have , you can take to an upholstery guy ,for leather ,it will cost $300 for oem leather for seat and back ,but only seat 1/2 price ,if your is leather , most are.

i seen them do that pass 100k , i use to buy car at auctions and yes i have .

are they not doing the repairs correctly ,my guy we take seat out complete send it to him and he will take the while thing apart and start from scratch, are they just patching it when u say repair

Chad Farhat
Thank you _ you have been very helpful !

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat