Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's giving screeching noise when I press the gas paddle at…

Customer Question
Hi , yes it's...

Hi , yes it's giving screeching noise when I press the gas paddle at slow speed also there is slip on gas paddle with thud noise .ll

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I had a smoke coming out from back 2 weeks back but I parked it for an hour than dragged it back home at 30-40.. cop said it's transmission shot

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

Acura MDX 2003 touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I took it to dealership , they say there are leaks all over engine etc

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well what's the issue here , is it transmission,or more

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Acura
9/16/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So by the list of things you said was going on I would say its the transmission and a lot more.