Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I remove the navigation system from Acura MDX 2015…

Customer Question
How do I remove the...
How do I remove the navigation system from Acura MDX 2015
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Acura
9/16/2017
Mechanic for Acura: acramstr, ASE Master Tech replied 11 months ago
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. The navigation system on this year is part of the radio and is located on a hard drive that plugs into the unit. Why do you want to remove the navigation system?

My car has two screens and the touch screen unit's screen is cracked. I have received the replacement part (the unit) and would like to remove the old unit out and replace it with the new unit. I have removed the panels and the screws, however I think there is more screws and parts that needs to be removed to take the unit out.If you can give me directions, that will be great.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. There are 2 screws on the side low and behind the unit that need to be loosened . Here is a link to the instruction from the manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14lijblrz00vv7y/navi%20unit.pdf?dl=0

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.