Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My alarm is not working. My remote is sending a signal. Im

Customer Question

My alarm is not working. My remote is sending a signal. Im looking for the alarm fuze. 2011 Acura MDX
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: Battery is fully charged. Which fuse box would I find it in and what is the abbreviation
JA: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I have not tried anything. Had my fob checked and itvis sending a signal.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have checked the alarm sound settings and they are set at high volume
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The fuses for this alarm system are fuses 3 and 7 in the under dash fuse panel.These power up the alarm control units and components.If any of these are blown the affected fuse needs replaced.If all fuses are o.k. then you need to have the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set then those codes can be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.The fault can be with the MICU itself in the interior fuse panel needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete