Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My key does not insert all the way into my door key hole, no…

Customer Question
My key does not...

My key does not insert all the way into my door key hole

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No mame

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Acura?

2008 mdx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I called the dealership this morning and a service guy suggested spraying WD-40.. however i stopped by the dealership personally and got my key battery changed. then asked about the WD-40 and the parts sales guys said no don't do that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else. thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Acura
9/11/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

That weird he would say thatm wd40 is made for those types of things, so have you tried anything yet?

Mechanic for Acura: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the key cannot be inserted there is either something foreign in the lock cylinder, one or more stuck tumblers, or the key itself could be physically damaged.

Have you tried a second key?