Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 Acura TL SHawd will not start. Steering wheel locked,

Customer Question
2009 Acura TL SHawd...

2009 Acura TL SHawd will not start. Steering wheel locked, ABS locked, brake will not depress. No sound when pushing ignition button. Lights work, radio etc. All the christmas tree lights flash when trying to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Push button start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sunday, hoping to get it started myself then take to mechanic tomorrow. I have tried putting the fop(?) key in it slot, versus just having it in the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Acura
9/11/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes and then reconnect to reset the system

Hi Eric,
Thank you for getting back to me but it is day too late. As the response was so slow and I am unable to implement any suggestions offered, will you wave the fees?
Thank you.
Kevin