Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2009 Acura TL SHawd will not start. Steering wheel locked,

Customer Question

2009 Acura TL SHawd will not start. Steering wheel locked, ABS locked, brake will not depress. No sound when pushing ignition button. Lights work, radio etc. All the christmas tree lights flash when trying to start.
JA: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?
Customer: push button start
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sunday, hoping to get it started myself then take to mechanic tomorrow. I have tried putting the fop(?) key in it slot, versus just having it in the car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes and then reconnect to reset the system

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Eric,
Thank you for getting back to me but it is day too late. As the response was so slow and I am unable to implement any suggestions offered, will you wave the fees?
Thank you.
Kevin