acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

My car is a 2002 RL, and I have just upgraded the navigation

Customer Question

My car is a 2002 RL, and I have just upgraded the navigation disc. Everything works except the clock. It is 0:00, and I cannot set it.
JA: What is the model of your '02 Acura?
Customer: RL
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. The problem existed before I ordered the new disc, and it is still going on. The only thing I have done is to insert the new disc.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, everything else with the system is working.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. I'm sorry to tell you but there is nothing that can be done about this yet. These early systems 1999-2004 used a GPS satellite to set the clock. Unfortunately this particular satellite is no longer in service so the clock will not set. Acura and Alpine know about the problem but so far there is no update or fix. Do not try any repairs or change any components it wont fix the problem. I have not been told when a fix will be available or what it will be but they say it will happen.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.