Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

The inspection shop says that on my 1997 accura tl their…

Customer Question
The inspection shop says...

The inspection shop says that on my 1997 accura tl their machine wont recognize the obd connector.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I reset the computer and checked all the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes I could not find any bad fuses

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Acura
8/7/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

There is a possible problem where State inspection stations equipment cannot communicate with the car. If your check engine light comes on and then goes off when you turn on and start the car then computer is operating. It is recommended to ask to try a different tester or go to a different test site to try their equipment. Here is tech bulletin for problem.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!ArGz65GfcqjYomifRQu91Yax1-jF

If you still cannot get the vehicle to communicate then suggest trying the dealer tester to see if it can communicate or your engine computer would need to be replaced.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Jaybird61
Jaybird61