Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 TL type s have an oil leak underneath and it's

Customer Question
almost everywhere had to see...
My 2008 TL type s have an oil leak underneath and it's almost everywhere had to see where it's coming from any suggestions
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Acura
8/7/2017
Mechanic for Acura: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 11 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** of the time the oil leaks on this engine come from the valve covers and work their way down to the oil pan. I have also seen oil seep from the head gaskets in some cases. If you cannot tell for you you need to add dye to the engine oil and then use a black light and the origin of the leak can easily be found. Oil leaks on this engine will also be amplified by any issues with the PCV system. I hope this helps. If you need anything else please let me know.

I have done everything on the top and no oil what so ever on the engine and all the oil is aroun the oil pan and below and some close to the trani not sure if it's the oil pump seal or rear main seal

If it is a large leak it is typically the oil pump seal. When this goes bad a larger amount of oil will leak. If the oil spans from the front of the engine to the rear then it is probably the pump but if it is more confined to the rear then it is the rear main. This is assuming as you say that the oil is not seen anywhere above the pan.

Yeah that's rite it's nothing above the pan and I did added the oil dye and can't seem to figure it out where it's starting from and I see drops of oil on the floor every day how can I find out if the oil pump seal or rear main seal in any other way or what is more common leak on theses engine

You can pull the cover off of the fly wheel between the transmission and the engine. If the flywheel and torque converter are dry then it is not the rear main. If it is then the rear main is the problem.

Ok I'll try but after I cleaned the engine I let it run on the hoist for an hour I didn't see any oil but after I drive for a while and park the car I see drop

You will just have to be sure just to check it more often before it becomes way to much to narrow down. Once you check the flywheel it will help you isolate it more.

I'll check it tomorrow and let u know thanks

Let me know and we can go from there. Have a great night.