thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

2001 ACURA MDX, CRACKLING SOUND FROM DASH,SOUND STOPED WITH

Customer Question

2001 ACURA MDX, CRACKLING SOUND FROM DASH,SOUND STOPED WITH BURNING WIRE SMELL,,INSTRUMENT CLUSTER FLASHS ON AND OFF,ALL LIGHTS,,GOES DEAD ALL GUAGES, POPS IN AND OUT,,,,CAR STILL RUNS WHEN DASH GOES BLANK
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: YES
JA: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: mdx, ITS INSIDE DASH
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Acura
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

The first thing and most common failure for this problem is the charging system, I would heck that out first to make sure your getting proper voltage