Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My power steering on a 2002 acura TL has a leak. It looks…

Customer Question
Hi - my power...

Hi - my power steering on a 2002 acura TL has a leak. It looks like its at the point where the return line enters the pinion. Im wondering if I need to replace the whole rack, or the line. suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Acura TL. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Just that I dont see the leak at the boot... not sure if that matters or not. thx

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Acura
8/4/2017
Mechanic for Acura: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin can i have vin il check which parts are avaliable

hi Kevin. I don't have the VIN yet, but I can find the part ok. My question is do I really need to replace the whole rack?

Normally yes once this leaks there isnt alot you can do other than replace the rack

Ok. Where do you normally see the leaks he rack? I thought I would be coming out of one of the boots, but it looks like its coming more from where the return lines connects to the pinion.

Most commonly the end of the rack but the pinion area leaking is also not unheard of

ok, thanks for the help

No problem please rate my service