Matt Haas
Matt Haas,
Experience:  Fleet Mechanic at Pepsi
98786112

Ms. Pearl, I have a 2011 TSX and when I slow down to put on

Customer Question

Hi Ms. Pearl, I have a 2011 TSX and when I slow down to put on brakes I hear a whirling sound. I just had the rotor turned so it is not the brakes.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: About 65,000
JA: Are you fixing your TSX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, my Acura dealer recently close down and I just took it to the HONDA
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is it.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The front brakes are originals. The rear brakes replaced in 2016.
Expert:  Matt Haas replied 2 months ago.
Hello, can you please clarify. You just had the front or rear rotors turned? Also, did you have pads replaced? It sounds like you might have rust build up on the rotors somewhere. The calipers may not be fully functioning due to frozen slide pins.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HI Matt. The front and rear rotors were resurfaced. No pads were replaced. It does feel like things are a little tighter. What do you think?
Ok, you should get the pads replaced at the same time you do the the rotors. The noise is probably from the old pads. Any grooves that were in the rotors before resurfacing are in the pads as well. There are probably hard spot on the pads. Also, the full surface area of the pads is not contacting the fresh rotor surface.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay thanks Matt. I will have the pads changed, hopefully that solves the problem. Blessings to to
Thank you. That should take care of the noise.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When i get the repairs done, I will rate and let you know if that solved my issue. Thank you
Sounds good, thanks